Sunday, September 14, 2008

The movie, A Wednesday

This is embarassing, but I have to confess to it. I just stumbled into this movie today. And it proved to be even more rewarding than what names like Anupam Kher and Naseeruddin Shah could promise. The movie has a rating of 9.0 with 385 votes, including mine, at imdb and if you ask me, it is well deserved.

No spoilers here, you will just have to watch the movie to appreciate it. The two protagonists, Anupam Kher and Naseeruddin Shah provide a balance at both ends of the sprectum, one a keeper of law and order, while the other the extortionist. The tight action packed thriller was surprisingly short for a hindi film, with no songs or dance sequences. Although I would have been happier with less drama and more realism at the end of the film, I will be watching out for other movies from Neeraj Pandey, the debutant director.

No comments: