Friday, January 18, 2008

Early Retirement....

I turned 50 in 2007 and have been thinking about early retirement for some time now. Genetically, I am programmed to expire in my early sixties and this is the right time to start thinking about it. So that I have a few years in hand before geriatric illnesses start making things difficult. There are so many lives that I have yet to live and so many places still to visit!

Actually, I have been semi-retired for the past few years now. In the sense that I do not have to follow any set schedules or time tables. The business does not require my constant attention any more and perhaps I have lost the drive to expand it. Financially, I have the capability to sustain a good enough standard of life if I dispose of the business and convert it to cash. Because although I have lived all my life here, I do not feel at home in this place. I wait for the time when I will be able to pack up and leave, to live in freedom and in pursuit of happiness.

Technorati Tags:, , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

No comments: