Monday, January 07, 2008

Gali Paranthe Wali

My wife and I were reminiscing about the good times we have had and a realization suddenly hit me. She was remembering the peoples, places and the experiences that we have had during our travels, while my most poignant memories were about the good food that we had at those places!!!

Talk about Agra and the first thing that would come to your mind would be the Taj Mahal, but for me it is Seth Gali and those glorious bhallas, kachoris, dal-moth and pethas. The best samosas we have ever had, were those piping hot ones at the Red Fort and even my wife agrees with that!!!

Delhi, she remembers becaue of that very insistent salesman in Chandni Chowk who kept following us for at least half a mile with his continuous sweet talk, trying to sell us some stuff. Of course, I remember that, but the point is that I remember those parathas even more vividly!!!

For some, it might be religion, for others it might be some other cause, but for me, it seems, my Raison d'ĂȘtre is food. Call me whatever you want to, but I Eat Thereore I am.

Technorati Tags:, , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

No comments: